Protein? Check. Healthy fats? Check. A serving of fruit? Check. Super easy and super delicious? Check!
You can have these healthy, flavorful tacos on the table in less than 10 minutes, and there’s no rule saying you can only have them for breakfast! I’ve packed the ingredients (including two fried eggs) in a lunchbox with ice packs and I’ve made them for lunch at the office, too!
Super Simple Breakfast Tacos
Serves: 1 serving (2 tacos)
- 2 good-quality corn tortillas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 avocado (4-6 slices)
- 2 TBL of your favorite salsa (preferably all-natural and organic)
- Garlic powder
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add your tortillas (not letting them overlap), and cook on each side until lightly browned
- Set the tortillas aside, coat the skillet lightly with cooking spray, and cook your eggs as desired with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, garlic powder and cumin (I prefer over-easy so the yoke turns into a nice sauce)
- While the eggs are cooking slice your avocado
- Once the eggs are cooked, time to assemble! Top each tortilla with avocado slices, 1 TBL salsa and an egg. Couldn’t be easier!
Want to add some zip? Top with sriracha sauce for extra flavor and heat!