Who loves banana bread? Who loves blondies? And who loves desserts with hardly any added sugar or fat? Woohoo! If you said “Yes!” to these questions, it’s time to whip up a batch of these quick-and-easy Healthy Banana Bread Blondies!
This recipe was inspired by Ambitious Kitchen’s Chocolate Chip Almond Flour Banana Blondies. (If you haven’t checked out that food blog, I highly recommend it.) I modified the recipe by using ingredients I had on-hand (I didn’t have enough almond flour or protein powder) and I played around with the amounts of each ingredient. After a few rounds of experimentation, I ended up with these soft, delicious blondies with hardly a trace of added sugar or fat. Plus, they’re ready in less than 30 minutes!
Healthy Banana Bread Blondies
Servings: About 12 servings
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 TBL coconut sugar
- 1 TBL olive oil (or substitute a neutral oil)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan, if desired)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and lightly coat an 8 x 8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed banana, peanut butter, sugar and oil and beat until smooth and well-mixed (using a spoon or electric mixer).
- Add all remaining ingredients except the chocolate chips and stir until combined. (The batter will be thick and slightly sticky.)
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then transfer the batter to your baking dish. Gently spread the batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the batter in the middle of the pan is cooked through (it will feel soft to the touch, but no longer sticky).
- Cool slightly in the pan, then enjoy! These blondies keep well at room temperature for about 3-4 days.