If you love watching The Great British Bake Off like me, you’ve learned a thing or two about Black Forest Cake. After watching approximately 35 Black Forest Cakes made on the show, it was time to develop my own Black Forest creation.
This shake tastes creamy and decadent, but it packs a ton of nutritional value with the fruit, maca and protein powder. I almost always have a protein shake like this after a hard workout to aid recovery. It’s also a quick, delicious and healthy option for breakfast!
Black Forest Protein Shake
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1 scoop of your favorite chocolate protein powder (I like Eat the Bear)
- 1 heaping TBL cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 tsp maca powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup ice (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy!