I am a…
- Rock climber
- Ultramarathon runner
- Yoga instructor
- Nutrition and fitness enthusiast
- Avid home cook and baker
- Lucky wife to the amazing Tyler (you’ll hear all about him)
I love to…
- Work hard
- Feel strong and healthy
- Meet inspiring people
- Accomplish things I thought were impossible
- Teach, encourage, and inspire others
Why “Live to Live”?
- The catalyst: After eight years in a comfortable, secure job at a great company in Washington, DC., I learned that my job was going to be eliminated. I felt embarrassed. I felt worried. I felt scared. I also felt an overwhelming sense of dread at the thought of moving into another corporate job.
- The decision: After a lot of soul-searching and brainstorming with my husband Tyler, I decided I would take a leap and pursue my passion. This meant becoming a yoga instructor and developing this website so I can help others find health, strength, happiness, and adventure.
- The goal: My goal is to stop existing and start truly living…and to help you do the same.
What’s on Live to Live?
- Recipes that give you energy, strength, and joy
- My favorite training plans for activities I love, like long-distance running, rock climbing and strength training
- Stories from people just like you who have lived, learned, and found the courage to pursue their dreams
Wait…where’s the meat?
- In the spirit of Ahimsa (the principle of non-violence towards living things, including animals), I follow a vegetarian diet. All recipes on this website are vegetarian, and some are entirely free of animal products (like eggs and dairy)
I’m so happy you’re here! Now let’s start living!