Chocolate, peanut butter, and banana…what’s not to like?
This make-ahead breakfast is hearty, nutty, chocolaty, and delicious. It’s a perfect way to refuel after a morning workout, or prepare yourself for a busy day.
You can prep the oat mixture 1-2 nights in advance – just keep it in the fridge until you’re ready to enjoy.
Not a breakfast person? Tyler and I have been known to eat these for lunch if we’re in a “breakfast for every meal” kind of mood.
There are a ton of excellent overnight oats recipes out there. After some experimentation, I’ve found this ratio of ingredients to be my very favorite. For another twist on the base recipe, try my Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats.
Not vegan or dairy-free? Substitute Greek yogurt for the coconut yogurt, and increase the almond milk to 1 cup.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
Servings: 1 hearty serving
- 3/4 cup old fashioned or quick oats
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (or any non-dairy yogurt)
- 1 TBL cocoa powder
- 1 TBL maple syrup or honey
- 1 TBL creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup almond milk (I use the unsweetened vanilla version, but you can use any non-dairy milk)
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 2 TBL chopped walnuts
- Raspberry or strawberry jam
- Combine all ingredients (except for the toppings) in a bowl or sealed container (if you’re planning to eat on the go) and mix well
- Chill overnight (or up to 2 nights) in the refrigerator
- Give the mixture a good stir when you’re ready to enjoy, adding more almond milk if it’s too thick for your preference
- Top with banana, walnuts, and a teaspoon of jam