I discovered overnight oats in December of 2017. Can you guess what Tyler and I have had for breakfast almost every day since then? You guessed it…pancakes.
Just kidding! Though I have a passion for pancakes, these overnight oats have become our weekday staple. They’re perfect for busy mornings, and pack up nicely in a lunchbox if you’re not a fan of eating first thing in the morning.
Another perk? These oats are HEARTY. They almost always help me avoid becoming hangry before lunchtime.
Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats
Servings: 1 serving
- ¾ cup old fashioned or quick oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or any other variety of milk)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp flax meal
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Juice and zest from ½ lemon
- ½ cup vegan yogurt (Almond, coconut, or soy all work. You can also use Greek yogurt, though you may need to use slightly more almond milk to get the right consistency)
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Fresh blueberries
- Toasted coconut
- Chopped walnuts
- Lemon zest
- Raspberry jam
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl or sealed container (if you’re planning to pack them for breakfast in the morning)
- Stir until well combined, then cover and refrigerate overnight
- In the morning, give the oats a good stir before eating. You can add a splash of almond milk if you prefer a thinner consistency
- Top with extra goodies that inspire you (my recommendations are above), and enjoy!